Community Health Workers Association of Missouri (CHWAM) membership is as diverse as community health and includes CHWs from every corner of the state as well as allied partners and stakeholders.
10 Great Reasons to Be a Member
1. Connection: You are connected to a larger group banded together to produce positive results for community health in Missouri.
2. Annual Educational Conference: The annual Conference provides quality education and networking for Community Health Workers (CHW) professionals and partner stakeholders. You can contribute to the content, help shape the Conference or attend to enhance your professional development. CHW members receive FREE continuing education units as well!
3. Public Policy / Advocacy: You can contribute to the strong advocacy program centered on assuring that CHW voices are being heard. Community Health Workers Association of Missouri (CHWAM) Committees prepare legislative updates/alerts, and keeps track of public health issues under consideration by the State Legislature.
4. Free Informational Services: The association keeps members in touch with each other and current issues through the association’s web site, email updates, social media. and statewide association calls of emerging issues relevant to public health. You remain informed about public health in our region in a way that saves you time.
5. Networking: You have many opportunities to network with CHWs and allied partners in Missouri, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, find opportunities for career enhancement, etc. Networking events range from Annual Conferences to regional meetings.
6. Affiliation: You will have affiliation with YOUR professional association and hundreds of CHW professionals statewide.
7. Discounts on Educational Offerings: You receive reduced or waived registration fees at all CHWAM sponsored continuing education events.
8. Leadership Opportunities: You are provided opportunities to learn and practice leadership and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self-promotion. Opportunities are available on the Board, committees and special projects.
9. Recognition: You can be recognized or can recognize your colleagues for their achievements in community health. Some of our heroes work right next to us every day!
10. Empowerment: You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life.